Frame 5 graphics issue

Subject: Frame 5 graphics issue
From: Debra Kahn <dwkahn -at- LAMAR -dot- COLOSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 14:40:47 -0700

Hi all,
It's been a while since I have posted. Busy-ness! We have a concern with
the CGM filter in Frame 5, which Frame 5.5 doesn't (yet) seemed to have
fixed. When we were using Frame 4, our graphics designers could export a
CGM file out of MicroStation and we could import it fine into our Frame 4
documents. That is no longer true with Frame 5. The graphics come in
postage stamp size and (when re-sized) with weird errors.

We thought we had a fix when the designers started opening these
MicroStation CGMs in Corel 5.0, fixing the drawing size and line weight,
and then saving then exporting them from Corel as CGMs. But more weirdness
occurred. We could not get the drawings to import at 100% (they were
always too small or too large). In addition, the line weights had to be
adjusted to fit the size of the drawing (0.007 for large drawings and
0.003 for small drawings).

We know that using WMF (Windows MetaFile) or even HPGL would solve the
problem, but we have legacy drawings in CGM.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any suggestions?

You may e-mail me privately.

Debra Kahn
Senior Technical Writer
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.
dwkahn -at- lamar -dot- colostate -dot- edu
OR
debrak -at- ftc1 -dot- aei -dot- com