Re: socialize

Subject: Re: socialize
From: Beth Agnew <bagnew -at- INSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 07:55:33 -0500

Buck Buchanan wrote:

> Engineers at my place of employment are using the term:
> Socialize the Document
> They send it around for sort of a peer review.
> Anyone else experienced this corruption?

Can't say that I've heard this before. It does, however, tickle my sense of
the ridiculous. I used to socialize my puppies, to make sure they were good
canine citizens. Seems like it might be a good idea not to have those
documents messing on the floor or nipping people.

Then, of course, there are all those other -izes:

Trivialize the document - they're not that important, anyway.
Marginalize the document - write nasties in the margins? make the margins
too small?
Generalize the document - oh just make it apply to *everyone*.
Anglicize the document - the opposite of localization, I expect.
Localize the document - in its "other" meaning, make sure it only applies
to people in *this* office.
Brutalize the document - when the text needs punching up

You know, if I keep on, I'm gonna get slapped with one of those off-topic
warnings. I'll shut up now. :-)
--Beth
(You just had to know that SOMEBODY was gonna do this -- if not me, then
probably Wayne, Arlen or Mike...)

Beth Agnew
Senior Technical Writer, InSystems Technologies Inc.
65 Allstate Parkway, Suite 100 Tel: (905) 513-1400 ext. 280
Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 9X1 Fax: (905) 513-1419
mailto:bagnew -at- insystems -dot- com Visit us at: http://www.insystems.com

See my friendly face at:
http://www.bayside.net/users/cbsites/techwr-l/a.htm#agnewb

<<application/ms-tnef>>