Re: Clip Art

Subject: Re: Clip Art
From: "E. Gail Miedema" <egail -at- TELEPORT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 14:39:52 -0800

Hi Sally:

I'm using "Art Shop" by Software Interphase, Inc. (800-542-2742).

They sell this as a component to a larger package of development tools
called WinHelp Sorcerer, but I had my company buy only the graphics
library (about $70), as I have other Help development tools I'm using.

This graphics library contains over 4,000 compressed images of just about
any screen graphic one might need as a developer, from buttons to scroll
bars to menus to pictures for icons (available in Windows 3.1 and 95
style) and for illustrations in general (in 16 color and 256 color
formats). You pick an image and it is extracted into a .bmp file for you.

In addition to the images, you can change the background color from white
to black, silver, cream, or your current window background. And there is
help with dithering the images.

The big drawback to this library is they don't send you a catalog of the
images available; hence, you spend lots of time searching through the
menus and submenus to find the image you need.

Cheers!
--Gail