Re: 10 hour days

Subject: Re: 10 hour days
From: Marci Abels <maa5906 -at- CCP -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 08:18:25 -0600

David,

My company works 9-hours days. We work 4 days this week (36 hours) then
4 9-hour days and one 8-hour day next week (44 hours). That gives us
every other Friday off. Right now, we are all on the same schedule, but
they are talking about staggering it so that we have staff here every
Friday. It's been a very popular work arrangement so far. In fact, the
staggered Fridays was a compromise to going back to 40-hour weeks.

It's great for me because I live about 66 miles from work. I love the
long weekends, and the extra time each day doesn't amount to any
hardship.

Marci Abels

Subject:
Anyone work 4-10 hour days?
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 12:37:16 -0800
From:
The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>

I'd like to approach management with the idea of allowing us to work
four
10-hour days, if we choose to. I know that usually at the end of my day,
at
6 or 7 o'clock, I've caught my second wind and could keep going for a
couple more hours, at least. I'd like to know any personal/anectodal
experiences, and of any studies that anyone knows of that may have
looked at this option.

Thanks!

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com