Frame vs. Pagemaker?--Clarification (fwd)

Subject: Frame vs. Pagemaker?--Clarification (fwd)
From: Betsy Perry <betsyp -at- VNET -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 17:27:26 -0500

Karen clarifies:
------- start of forwarded message -------
From: Karen Schriver <ks0e+ -at- andrew -dot- cmu -dot- edu>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.techwr-l
Subject: Frame vs. Pagemaker?--Clarification
Date: 31 Oct 1997 13:08:46 -0600
Sender: news -at- news -dot- cis -dot- okstate -dot- edu

==========
Sorry, I should've clarified my purpose in asking the question.

I helping out a physics prof from MIT who is formating his own book on
Einstein's Theory of General Relativity--heavy duty technical, charts,
graphs, equations. I want to help him make a choice about which program
to use and give him advice on document design issues. He has used
Pagemaker 5.0 a little and would be willing to switch to Frame only if
really worth it.

karen schriver
KSA, Document Design and Research

------- end of forwarded message -------

Every friend I have had who tried to do serious equation writing with
FrameMaker cursed it; the equation formatter is just not good enough
for mathematicians or physicists. I have no knowledge about
Pagemaker's equation formatter. Most hardcore equation writers
I have heard from seem to fall back on TeX or LaTex.

I wouldn't recommend Frame to a friend writing a dissertation, unless
s/he was willing to draw all the equations in a paint program and
import them as pictures. It's a shame.

--
Elizabeth Hanes Perry betsyp -at- vnet -dot- net