issues in communication

Subject: issues in communication
From: "Jeffrey R. Wiggin" <wiggin -at- RPI -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 10:23:30 -0500

Greetings fellow tech writers!
I'm a graduate student in tech. comm. conducting research on the
communication problems tech writers often face when dealing with product
developers, project managers, and so on. I'm currently trying to get
information about how these problems typically manifest themselves, how
we might prevent them from arising, and how we might alleviate them once
they do arise. Of particular interest to me is hearing about solutions
people have come up with when faced with such problems.

Any "real world" stories from the voices of experience would be
invaluable -- and greatly appreciated!

The archive search engine does not seem to be working, so if the list
has covered this topic in the past I apologize for bringing it up again.
Please feel free to mail me off-list.

Thanks in advance!
jw
--