Re: Word to Frame

Subject: Re: Word to Frame
From: "Tony A. Emond" <tonye -at- OPTIMAL-ROBOTICS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 09:59:40 -0500

Actually my current job is the third one in which I am switching to Frame from Word. We've been using Word 97 here for a while, and I think I can safely say that this migration is the best thing that could have been done for documentation. That is, if you can steer your boss away from the typical attitude of "well, everybody's using Word."

The advantages are numerous, from styles which do not automatically update themselves (I think a number of us have had THAT headache :)), to easy multifile book generation and table of content generation outside the original document. But the biggest advantage, as I see it, is having visual control of the entire page layout, which Word still does not feature. And Frame does not suffer from the first-page-footer bug which Microsoft still hasn't addressed (to my knowledge).

Hope this helps.
TAE

"Has anyone SWITCHED from USING Word to USING Frame to develop
documentation?" (Oh, those semantics.)