Re[2]: Entry-level tech writers...a new twist

Subject: Re[2]: Entry-level tech writers...a new twist
From: Angela Navarette <angelanavarette -at- CYBERTEK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 07:53:06 -0500

I was an entry-level tech writer 2 years ago. Regardless of the fact I
had little experience writing or working with the various publishing
tools, my boss saw something else...potential.

What I brought to the table was the ability and eagerness to learn
quickly and accept whatever challenges came my way. My boss recognized
my potential 2 years ago and I am proud to say she now considers me
one of her "star" performers.

Stephanie, if you're looking for work, send me an email perhaps I can
help...

Angela Navarette
angelanavarette -at- cybertek -dot- com

Subject: Re: Entry-level tech writers...a new twist
Author: Stephanie Gagnon <Fusionrngr -at- AOL -dot- COM> at INTERNET
Date: 10/28/97 10:36 PM

>If I were to look for entry-level writers, I would look for people who
>were dedicated to the profession, not to someone who merely "sought a
>degree in some substantial subject area." What is "substantial" anyway?
>Nuclear physics? I would also look for someone who could work
>independently, who likes to learn new skills, who has people skills (to
>interview and work with belligerent engineers with attitudes like Baker
>and Tymes), who excelled at problem-solving, and who has a real feel for
>how people (end users) think and how to meet the users' needs. Whether
>or not they know how to use FrameMaker or RoboHelp is the least of my
>concerns....if they are problem solvers and are quick learners, they'll
>be able to handle it.

>I've seen and met far too many people who fell into positions as
>technical communicators from "substantial fields" who have no clue as to
>what communication is all about .... and seen a few too many messages
>from them, too.

*clap clap clap*

Jane, may I come work for you? *grin*

Stephanie Gagnon