Re: Do PDFs Make Customers Ask for Printed Docs?

Subject: Re: Do PDFs Make Customers Ask for Printed Docs?
From: Walter Hanig <wdh -at- NETMANAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 16:03:58 -0800

At 02:59 PM 10/29/97 -0500, Joe Miller wrote:
>We're about to start putting some of our docs on CD-ROM.
>Marketing, in its infinite wisdom, has decided (based on nothing
>at all) that no one will want printed docs and if someone does
>we'll sell them at a markup. The prediction is that our printed
>doc output will be about 10% of current levels.
>
>Anybody have any experience with this?
>
>--Joe

You'll still get requests for hard copy, though at a much lower level. I have no idea what %, but would guess that the prediction of 10% may be a little low. Depends on the application.

Some customers will feel that "For what I'm paying for your product, I want something I can touch." Also, Sales people will want to be able to show some tangible evidence of the product.

Walter

Walter Hanig

NetManage, Inc.
12651 High Bluff Drive
San Diego, CA 92130, USA

Phone: 619-793-3173 FAX: 619-755-3998
e-mail: wdh -at- netmanage -dot- com wdhanig -at- connectnet -dot- com
Blood Type: O+