Re: anon letter on career changing

Subject: Re: anon letter on career changing
From: "Wittel, Teresa J." <WITTTJ -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 12:37:00 -0700

Ooooh - this is too good to pass up!

Ok - I kinda agree with you. On some level I prefer to work with people
from technical backgrounds. I can whine about their writing skills all
day long, but I know that what they said is basically correct. That's a
personal bias that I am trying to change. I (rationally) believe that
journalists can be good technical writers, if they have the "right
stuff". I believe the "right stuff" to be the qualifications we've been
discussing for several days now. Some journalists will not enjoy the
field and will move on to something else. Those that stay probably have
the "right stuff". How to tell the difference "up front" on hiring day
is a tricky business. Somehow, you have to make your best guess and
hope you are lucky. That's why I started this thread to begin with. I
wanted to improve the odds of picking a good one.