Re: Career changer vs. entry level

Subject: Re: Career changer vs. entry level
From: Wayne Douglass <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 10:26:06 -0800

Tony Rocco wrote that technical writing is "a field consisting largely of
career changers and transplants from other fields." Spot on, Tony. And the
hoops one has to jump through to get in remind me of frat house hazing rituals.

There used to be a public service ad with the slogan: "Nobody says 'I want
to be a drug addict when I grow up.'" Nobody says "I want to be a technical
writer when I grow up" either.

--Wayne
Wayne Douglass phone: 408-542-2139
Verity, Inc. FAX: 408-542-2040
894 Ross Road mailto:wayned -at- verity -dot- com
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 http://www.verity.com
"Connecting People With Information"