Re: USAGE: "Therefore" and "thus"

Subject: Re: USAGE: "Therefore" and "thus"
From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 20:04:24 GMT

In article <199710271946 -dot- TAA75018 -at- out2 -dot- ibm -dot- net>, Stephen Forrest
<techwriter -at- IBM -dot- NET> writes:
|> At 05:39 PM 10/27/97 GMT, Len Olszewski wrote:

[...]

|> >The second passage eliminates the "therefore", and provides information
|> >the reader might find useful. The causality is still apparent, but the
|> >second passage gives the reader an augmented version with facts the
|> >documentation should be revealing.
|>
|> Sorry, but I think the first paragraph is much better. The second makes my
|> eyes glaze over.

You must therefore be an engineer by training. Just a guess. Anything in
the active voice, or which is informative, does that to them. At least
in my experience. ;-)

So, I guess you are saying you don't have an alternative way to
eliminate "therefore" and "thus"?

Thanks for the input.

Len

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!