Re: Ray's newest HTML book

Subject: Re: Ray's newest HTML book
From: David Hailey <FAHAILEY -at- WPO -dot- HASS -dot- USU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 08:19:05 -0700

Hi everybody,
Given the interest in Deb and Eric's books, I thought you might find this
interesting: First, they have yet another new book coming out that I think
blows the its competition out of the water. Sybex is releasing _Mastering
HTML_, by Deborah and Eric Ray. You can bet that it will hang out next to my
_HTML Resource Guide_. Second, you might want a little inside info on how
they work together.

I saw an advanced copy of their book over the weekend. I wanted to know how
to make my site examine incoming browsers--no problem. In fact, I doubt that
there is much I will need to do that I cannot find in that book.

Here is why. Eric is an outstanding, technical researcher and superior,
highly readable writer (see his article in Technical Communications). Deborah
is every bit as good as a writer but is a world-class editor--she sees all of
those little "gotchas" that bite us after the thing is published. Combined,
they make the best team I have ever known. Every thing they write is first
class.

You should know, however, that they are a team. Deb is not "helping" Eric
write "his" books. She is the lead author. It is something of a sore spot
with them both that the public seems not to recognize that.

Keep an eye out for their newest book. It will be another award winner.

Dave Hailey

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!