Re: What's This Help and VB

Subject: Re: What's This Help and VB
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 12:46:59 -0700

> Question 2:
> I'm still in the planning stages of this help project, and I can't
> decide whether to create one large context-sensitive help file for every
> module in our application, or to create a separate help file for each
> project (module). From what I can determine, there are between 50 and 70
> VB projects that make up our application. Most are individual tools and
> utilities for our application, and most customers will receive nearly
> all modules. The complexity (number of controls) for each module varies
> from very simple to very complex.

My suggestion? Go half-way between. Create separate .doc files for each
module, and put them all in in a single, all-inclusive directory. You
can easily create .hpj files that include only the necessary .doc/.rtf
files for each customer really quickly. Now, the problem comes in when
you have to decide what topics you can link to others.... :-)

If this wasn't clear, let me know, and I'll expand on the concept.

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com