Re: follow-up to RoboHelp question

Subject: Re: follow-up to RoboHelp question
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 15:31:00 -0400

Piece of cake.

The map file (.HM) contains the developer's IDs for controls, dialog
boxes, etc. You need to match the topic IDs you used in your help file
to those IDs (which usually look something like IDC_CONNECT).

In the project file, include the .HM file. Then, create an alias file to
match your IDs to the developer's IDs. Include the alias file in the
project file, too.

Recompile and test your help against the app (not just in RoboHelp).

The only real challenge here is figuring out what the developer's IDs
mean. If she used some kind of naming conventions, that will help you.
If you have a copy of Developer Studio you can do a Get on the code,
then view the controls in Studio to figure out what the IDs map to so
you know which topics to associate with them. You may have a few left
over that you can't figure out -- at that point, I resort to asking the
developer.

A.

--
Alexia Prendergast