Re: Eric & Deborah Ray's HTML book

Subject: Re: Eric & Deborah Ray's HTML book
From: Gurudutt Kamath <guruk -at- GIASBM01 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 13:39:55 -0500

Melissa,

It is not very clear (to me at least) whether the book is an award-winning
entry, an entry, or a book you found there.

When I came to know about this book some time back, I looked around for it
in India. I have even placed a request for it with the store. Looks like
I'll have to renew my efforts.

Also, in India, we hardly get to see award-winning manuals and books. If
the award winning authors/companies can send us (meaning Technical Writers
of India) these copies, it will be of help in our efforts. Will provide
mailing address, in case somebody takes the bait.

Incidentally, Peter Kent had promised a copy of his book with the bait of
reviewing his book.

Would be delighted to review such award winning manuals/books on India's
first site on technical writing. As a journalist and ex-columnist (on
Documentation), I may review them for some local publications also.

Now, back to searching for Eric and Deborah's HTML book.

Greetings from Bombay, India.

At 09:32 AM 10/24/97 EST, you wrote:
>The DC chapter of the STC had its meeting last night and showed the
>award-winning entries from the STC 1996-1997 international
>competition. It was a lot of fun to see these in person and to meet
>some new folks; I hadn't been to a meeting in way too long, and I've
>never been to an STC annual meeting.
>
>I happened to notice a Dummies book on HTML, so I picked it up -- and
>whose name is on it but that of our fearless leader! (Okay, so
>Deborah's name comes first, but most of us probably know Eric rather
>than Deborah.) Way to go, Eric! Very, very nice book! And thanks
>for giving me the kick of being able to say "Hey! I know this guy!"

Guru

guruk -at- giasbm01 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in
http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath (India's first site on technical writing)
TWIN - Technical Writers of India Mailing List (details at above site)

TWC Meet in Bombay on Oct 25 (Sat) at 4-5.30 p.m. at Anil Informatics,
B-1/3 Kumar, Mahant Extension, Vile Parle East. Talk by me on Internet and
the Technical Write