Problems w/frame 5.5 and PDF conversions in WinNT

Subject: Problems w/frame 5.5 and PDF conversions in WinNT
From: "Dimock, Dick" <red -at- ELSEGUNDOCA -dot- NCR -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 15:40:54 -0700

Linda Merrifield, asked about:

*****
I am having a very bizarre problem in printing my documents from frame
4,5.5 and pdf since I installed Frame 5.5 on my PC. All of our manuals
are currently in Frame 4. I'm opening them in Frame 5.5, cleaning them
up, and converting to PDF to go on our internet. Our reports are text
screen captures (from DOS) in a rectangle graphic box with a black
rectangle box behind (in shadow position).

Everything looks great on my monitor (as frequently happens with Frame),
but when I print the pages with the reports either from Frame 4, Frame
5.5, or the Frame created PDF, there are TWO report images, one on top
of the other, one about one line off of the other. The black frame in
the back is still there and prints correctly.

****

Linda, this reminds me of the time in UNIX Frame 4 when I had THREE
graphics pasted in one frame, one on top of the other. Check to see if
this has happened in your doc. Cut the graphic, print the page, and
compare. See if one of the two graphics has disappeared, leaving an
underlying graphic. Cut the remaining graphic again and print again.
Eventually you will get to an empty frame. At that point, paste the
correct graphic into the frame.

Regards,

Dick Dimock
Artfully Senior TW at venerable NCR Corp., in the Faire and Sunnie Citie
of El Segundo, CA