Re: Converting postscript files

Subject: Re: Converting postscript files
From: "Gibson, Stephanie" <SGibson -at- QWIZ -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 12:59:23 -0400

>One quickie that comes to mind is to use Acrobat Distiller to
create PDF
>files from the .ps documents, then open in Acrobat Reader or
Exchange,
>select the text or graphics in the PDF, copy and paste.

This is ONLY true if you are using Type 1 fonts, not True Type. I've
been told by someone at Adobe that there is a bug in the way Frame sends
the True Type fonts to the AdobePS 4.1 print driver and the end result
is no real text in your .PDF file. If you try to click on the text, it
turns to squares and other interesting garbage. I have several .PDF
files this happened to and there's no way (that I know of) to convert
them to real text.

Stef

Stephanie Gibson
Tech Pubs Manager