Re: document ownership/plagiarism (kind of long)

Subject: Re: document ownership/plagiarism (kind of long)
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 10:54:52 -0500

> If you really want your ego stroked by having your name on publications,
> I suggest you go talk to major publishers like Prentice Hall, Sybex, and
> the like. I've heard there's some status associated with having your
> name on a book.
>
> Elna Tymes
> Los Trancos Systems
>
> <who has her name on 31 books about software. Big deal>

It must be a big deal, or else Elna wouldn't have felt compelled to
point it out in her sig. :-)

I'm assuming Stephanie's problem with other divisions removing the
author's names and other information is something more than an "ego
stroking" problem. I would ask them why the material doesn't suit their
needs as is and try to come to a solution together. They may want all
questions funneled through an internal person, they may want a "lighter"
version of the documentation that only includes the most-often-used
material, etc.

Tracy
Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Vocational and Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm