Re: document ownership/plagiarism (kind of long)

Subject: Re: document ownership/plagiarism (kind of long)
From: Christopher Carmichael <chrisc -at- SYNERGYMICRO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 15:49:40 -0700

At 3:18 PM -0700 10.21.1997, Stephanie Holland wrote:

>We recently discovered that another department printed this document out
>but first deleted a few parts -- one of those parts is the sentence that
>lists our group's name and phone number and our request for people to
>call us if they have questions or suggestions about the document.
>Another department did something similar because it wanted to reformat
>the document and store it in a special location specific to that
>department.

That's why I used .pdf files as security can be included no printing, no
cut and paste -- just viewing. It's typical that this would happen; and it
could involve the technical publications department getting the backlash.

While this group understands "Document Control" it's paramount that our
co-workers see the light. It's a constant battle.

This could be a reason why Dilbert not only mirrors life, we *work* with them.

<sigh>

Chris
San Diego

| Chris Carmichael The attention span of a computer is as |
| Synergy Microsystems long as its electrical cord. |
| San Diego To be, or not to be: Those are the parameters. |
| 619.452.0020 x227 When all else fails: Read the instructions. |

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!