Re: Programs new tech writers should know

Subject: Re: Programs new tech writers should know
From: Kathryn Marshall <kmarshall -at- MODACAD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 13:44:46 -0700

Emily,

Don't go out and spend $900 on FrameMaker -- that's crazy. I think most
employers are willing to hire someone who has some DTP skills like
yourself and who is willing to learn a new tool (sell yourself in the
interview). I only knew MS Word (version 2.0? hee hee) coming out of
college and a LITTLE PageMaker. The company that hired me used
FrameMaker (for _everything_, even Admin people), which I had never
heard of before the interview. I wouldn't worry too much about learning
these. Your current experience is enough to land you a job. After that,
it's on you to get up to speed with the tools.

Best of luck.

My two cents,
Kathy