Re: Mac utility to read PC diskettes (correction)

Subject: Re: Mac utility to read PC diskettes (correction)
From: "Tony G. Rocco" <trocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 10:20:35 -0800

I have been corrected on this issue. My statement below is entirely wrong.
Please disregard any future attempts on my part at pretending to sound
knowledgeable.

- tgr

At 1:34 PM -0800 10/15/97, Tony G. Rocco wrote:

>Just an FYI:
>
>The PC Exchange control panel has nothing to do with reading DOS formatted
>diskettes on a Macintosh. Rather, it determines which Macintosh apps will
>open which PC files by default. Reading the diskette itself is a built-in
>system thing that doesn't depend on PC Exchange. This capability has been a
>standard piece of Mac functionality since the advent of System 7 many, many
>moons ago.
>
>- tgr
>
>At 10:36 AM -0800 10/15/97, Elsa Kapitan-White wrote:
>

>>Thanks to Martha J. Davidson, Leslie Bythewood, Katherine Hostetter and
>>Laurie Morgan for their quick answers on utilities to access PC diskettes
>>and their document from my Mac. It turns out my new machine and system have
>>both MacLink Plus and PC Exchange -- the problem was with the diskette
>>(how's that for overlooking the obvious)! Thanks again -- Elsa
>>
>>Elsa Kapitan-White <kapitan-white -at- SUGAR-LAND -dot- OILFIELD -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
>>Schlumberger Oilfield Marketing Services
>>225 Schlumberger Drive, Sugar Land, TX 77478
>>(281)285-7563, fax -8545

Definition of Windows 95

Windows 95: n. 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit
patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit
microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of
competition.