Re: off topic - pdf file into pagemaker 6.0

Subject: Re: off topic - pdf file into pagemaker 6.0
From: Dave Chisma & Gail Hodgson <chisma -at- C031 -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 06:42:15 +1000

Dave Chisma wrote:

> LARS BRADLEY wrote My questions are the following:
>
> 1.) the final file is to be in pagemaker, but he wants to use the graphics
> from the pdf file into the new manual. is this possible??

Yes. Use Exchange to Select Graphics (Tools menu) and copy the graphic
into PageMaker. Note that the graphics contained in the PDF files might
have been downsampled to save space. If so, the graphic in the PDF file
won't have the same image quality as the original.

> 2.) can I edit the pdf file and keep the graphics intact???

You're editing choices are limited, depending on the tool you use. You
can use Exchange to make changes within a single line of text. If you
are unable to select the text, the document might be protected (check
File > Document Info > Security), or the font used might be unsuitable.
Some TrueType fonts cause the PDF file to contain bitmap images of test
instead of editable text.

> 3.) can I copy the graphics from a pdf file into pagemaker???

Yes.

> 4.) if I could copy the graphincs out of the pdf file will it hurt
> quality????

Maybe. It depends on the choices made when the PDF file was produced.
Try it and see if you get acceptable results.