Re: Looking for a good Word 7 book

Subject: Re: Looking for a good Word 7 book
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 14:24:56 -0500

In our previous episode, Nyman, Rikki said:
> I need a good Word 7 reference. Our licensing agreement doesn't include
> documentation and online isn't always helpful. I want something
> comparable to the Hacker's Guide. Do any of you have a good, heavy duty
> reference?

Uh -- the Hacker's Guide isn't a Word 6 reference per se; it's a
reference to WordBasic, the Word (of that version) programming
language.

Given that there's very little difference between WordBasic for Word 7
and Word 6, you're better off sticking to the Hacker's Guide if that's
what you're thinking of, and looking at the What's New sections of the
WordBasic help.

If you mean a more general "how to" manual for Word, I've had
reasonably good luck with Que's products. Just make sure you get the
full-featured version; they often do a "step-down" manual as well.

And I _wish_ there were going to be a Hacker's Guide for Word 97, but
it doesn't look promising.