Style Guide Survey

Subject: Style Guide Survey
From: Nea Dodson <NeaDods -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 21:30:12 -0400

Hello folks, I'm Nea Dodson. I'm working on a style manual for work and a
tech writer's handbook in my spare time. I'd really like to have the input
of the collective wisdom/experience of the folks on this list for both
projects. So, if anyone out there would like to answer a few questions:

1) What professional style guides do you use (such as Chicago/Turabian, MS
Manual, GPO, APA, etc.)?

2) Do you have a favorite dictionary? If so, which and why?

3) What reference books do you consider absolutely essential?

and 4) what non-writing jobs have you been asked to do as part of your job
(such as desktop publishing, teaching, web page coding, etc.)?

Thanks in advance,

Nea