Re: Word97

Subject: Re: Word97
From: Barbara Alderson <barbara -at- SHOCKING -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 08:54:22 +0000

On 9 Oct 97 at 5:44, Buck & Tilly Buchanan wrote about problems
trying to install Word97 fix wrd6ex32.exe and asked:

> Has anyone else had these same problems? Fixed them? How?

Hi! Yes, I also am using Word97, but not Office97, and have had the
same problem. A number of fixes to this were posted on the following
newsgroups: microsoft.public.word.applicationerrors and
microsoft.public.word.conversions.

The one I successfully used was posted by Bob Neuman.

"I found a way around this problem.
1. Start the wrd6ex32.exe program.

2. When the error message appears, DO NOT PRESS OK. Open up windows
explorer. Move the file wrd6ex32.cnv from the
C:\Windows\Temp\1xp000.tmp folder to the
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Textconv folder.

3. Now go back and press OK on the error message dialog box."

This worked for Bob Neuman and it worked for me. Good luck!

Barbara Alderson
barbara -at- shocking -dot- com