Re: work permit Catch-22

Subject: Re: work permit Catch-22
From: "McDermott, Stephen W" <Stephen -dot- McDermott -at- PSS -dot- BOEING -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 07:31:56 -0700

Ask the consulate if you may obtain a work permit with a "letter of
intent" or an "offer letter" from the company (with it's letterhead
showing it's Netherlands address).

The company should provide an offer letter if they are serious about
hiring you. An offer letter is the standard for ALL industries. Have
them state the contingency of employment that you must obtain a work
permit for the position.

BTW, an offer letter is the safest route to taking another job if you
already have one.

Stephen W. McDermott
2.19.6/2.6 Team Technical Writer
(425) 965-6683