Non-compete clause

Subject: Non-compete clause
From: Dennis Hays <dhays -at- NOVALIS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 08:19:14 -0400

Some states, such as Florida, are a *right to work* state, where a
non-compete stipulation usually is unenforceable. In my experience,
however, a two year committment, to refrain from working in your chosen
field, is quite severe.

Herb Cohn (You Can Learn to Negotiate Anything) says that anything arrived
at by negotiation is subject to negotiation. My advice is to argue the
point, asking for it to be eliminated, and, if not, at least lessened.

Dennis Hays/Documentation Manager
Novalis Corporation
Phone: 518/862-3465 - Fax: 518/862-3491
mailto:dhays -at- Novalis -dot- com