Re: Doc Standards- Online

Subject: Re: Doc Standards- Online
From: John Lord <jlord -at- LIVINGSTON -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 16:30:31 -0700

Hi Robyn:

In addition to considering putting your style guide in HTML format on your
web site, you should also consider using PDF format, which has many
advantages over HTML. In particular, PDF can display the document exactly
as it appears in print, while HTML in its current version still has major
formatting limitations. A style guide frequently provides formatting
descriptions and examples, and the ability of PDF to reproduce them might
be a useful advantage for you. The PDF viewer is available free of charge
from Adobe, and can work as a browser helper so that it is opened
automatically when a PDF file is referenced from your browser. You would
need to purchase Adobe Acrobat, which BTW is included with the latest
FrameMaker 5.5.

Good Luck