Re: FWD: New Employee Problems w/ Management

Subject: Re: FWD: New Employee Problems w/ Management
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 15:45:08 +0100

I've come across a similar problem on more than one occasion. Some ideas:

One possible solution (I've seen it work) is to follow his guidelines as
long as they are WRITTEN down and attributed to him. Over the past few
years "customers" have become much more discerning re documentation and
are much more likely to complain if it isn't up to standard. I've
noticed that complaint from those paying for the lit are much more
likely to get results.

Go around him though this may not be an option if his boss isn't
prepared to step in.

You will probably get other suggestions - hopefully something will come up
to help. I've been in jobs where both the above has brought results. In
one job, however, nothing tried seemed to do any good so I left. Call it
"professional pride" but I felt that the regime wasn't allowing me to do my
job properly and didn't want to stick around where I wasn't enjoying my
work.

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International