Re: Visual Basic

Subject: Re: Visual Basic
From: Buck & Tilly Buchanan <writer -at- WF -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 10:14:35 -0500

received the following message.

My reply is below the message, in case anyone else is interested.

Dani Grinberg wrote:

> Buck,

> Bet, how do they do it? I mean, is the low price just due to their being
> stuck with the old version, or is there another catch? After all, if
> someone is selling a 4- or 500 dollar (I don't know what's the exact
> going price for Visual Basic) package for only 50, then a) it's fake,
> pirate or otherwise illegal, b) it's flawed, c) somebody else has been
> inflating the price.
>
> Which is it?

It's a version 3.0.

V5.0 is current.

We're using it for learning the basics of Visual Basic.

Then we will probably upgrade to the $500 version.

It's not a fake.

It's not flawed; I'm using it to produce VB applications for use in
Win3.1 and Win95. The applications all work.

It's not pirate. I have already registered my copy.

re *somebody else inflating the price* perhaps that's true. Microsoft
is not known for giving away its software

I have sent your message to the seller and to Microsoft to let them deal
with your suggestions.

--

Buck Buchanan
writer -at- wf -dot- net