Re: Frame/Help

Subject: Re: Frame/Help
From: "Thiessen, Christopher(Chris) E" <cthiess -at- CERIDIAN-HR -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 13:16:28 -0400

Earlier John Prince (prince1 -at- webtv -dot- net) wrote: "...I just
produced a 300 page User's Guide in Word, and it was
a nightmare."

I've read these Word vs. Frame vs. [doc package of choice]
missives in silence for a while now.

As someone who's used Word, WordPerfect, AmiPro, WordStar,
and even DCF/GML, I must be either tremendously naïve after 20
years in this business or just plain inexperienced. For the past several

years I've used Word to produce multi-chapter, multi-hundred page
user documentation. Recently I finished a 400+ document. Word's
no walk in the park, it has idiosyncracies, but I've not experienced
the

>...----------
>..> I just produced a 300 page User's Guide in Word, and it was a
nightmare. I finally decided to create a template in Frame. I am going
to keep "internal" documents in Word, but import the things that will be
published into Frame. I have offered to train the two other TWs in
Frame as well...one is on board with it, the other (the senior TW)
prefers Page. ;-(

Now, I need some help - please. For some reason, I have lost the "Quick
Reference" guide that comes with Frame. What I need to know is the the
character setting for a square bullet (the one in Symbols). This
setting is supposed to be in the "Quick Reference" guide. So, I would
duly appreciate if someone could provide me with the information.

Take care,

John
http://members.tripod.com/~princej/DC.html (The Great Dallas Cowboys)

browse the archives at