Re: Robohelp 4: Borders in tables?

Subject: Re: Robohelp 4: Borders in tables?
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 13:57:59 +0100

I fear that it may be Robohelp. I currently use HDK and it quite happily
compiles tables with borders.

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International

Mark -at- MWILDEN -dot- COM on 03/10/97 13:46:35

Please respond to Mark -at- MWILDEN -dot- COM

To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
cc: (bcc: Damien Braniff/PAC)

> From: John Trollope <John_Trollope -at- WATSONWYATT -dot- COM>
>
> I did a lot of searching through the archives and Blue Sky's web site,
but
> I haven't found an answer on how to put borders in tables. When I try to
> compile, I get the error "table formatting too complex".
>
> [...]
>
> This works for rows, but not for columns.

As far as I know, this just isn't possible. It's not RoboHELP's fault, but
WinHelp's (or the compiler's).

The best you can do is put horizontal border under each heading, simply by
bordering the paragraph.