Re: Single-sourcing multiple web sites

Subject: Re: Single-sourcing multiple web sites
From: "Haddock, Eric" <eric -dot- haddock -at- ATTWS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 10:03:54 -0700

For this problem I'd recommend NetObjects Fusion. With it, you could
keep the same source files and "publish" them with a touch of a button
to as many different sources/servers/hard disks/etc. as you wanted.
You can also have, for example, one giant web site with three
different flavors in it, and choose which parts to publish or not. Or,
you could have three separate sites and share data between them.
I do something similar. I have a page that I publish on an intranet
and (by Monday) on the public internet. I also used NetObjects Fusion to
import a previous page I worked on and have republished its contents
too.

Perhaps best of all, you don't need a special server to use Fusion,
which makes multiple publishings easier.

Regards from beautiful Seattle!

-- Eric
http://www.attws.com
mailto:eric -dot- haddock -at- attws -dot- com