Re: Making a pitch to switch from Word to FrameMaker

Subject: Re: Making a pitch to switch from Word to FrameMaker
From: "Tony G. Rocco" <trocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 09:47:03 -0800

You know, I believed the same thing as you, Mr./Ms. Dannen, but a year or
so ago someone on this list asked what the heck FrameMaker was. He was a
tech writing student somewhere and saw job ads that said FrameMaker skills
were required. When I politely told him that FrameMaker was the tool of
choice for tech writers the world over and that he should go out of his way
to learn it, I received a firestorm of protest from tech writers who had
either never heard of it or who were blissfully happy using other apps like
Interleaf, Word, and Ventura Publisher and had no intention of switching to
FrameMaker.

Go figure.

- tgr