Corporate writing group structure

Subject: Corporate writing group structure
From: Larry Weber <larry_weber -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 16:17:10 PDT

Former or current corporate techwhirlers,

Presently, the writers in our company are assigned to a particular
product. These writers report to the product manager. One of the
management honchos wants to hire a Writing Manager and have all writers
report to that person. This would allow them to distribute writers to
different products more efficiently. It's said that the writers will be
"experts" in a particular product, but will help out as needed on
others.

I'm not exactly thrilled about this. I like to dig my teeth into a
product and contribute to the design--something I fear will be difficult
if I'm being reassigned to different products often.

Anyone have any experience--good or bad--in such a transition?

TIA,

Larry