Re: Frame to Word

Subject: Re: Frame to Word
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 13:35:48 -0400

Just wanted to echo Becky -- instead of saying "Geez, you people are
idiots for wanting to do it that way!" (which, of course, I'm sure none
of us would be tempted to do ;-), try this:
1. Find out exactly why they came up with the idea (sounds like "to make
distributing docs easier")
2. Then say something like "I understand you want to use Word instead of
Frame to make distributing docs easier. I think I have a cheaper, faster
alternative -- how does this sound. <State your solution here with facts
to back it up.>"

Generally, when I focus on addressing needs rather than showing up a
solution, I get pretty good results.

HTH,
A.
--