Re: product demos/online tutorials

Subject: Re: product demos/online tutorials
From: JamesPVW <jamespvw -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 13:09:40 -0400

In article <B0000008070 -at- websrv -dot- precisesoft -dot- co -dot- il>, Rich Regen
<Richard -at- mail -dot- precisesoft -dot- co -dot- il> writes:

>I have very little knowledge in this area but have been playing
>with Demoshield 5.2 Eval and it seems pretty suited to the job.
>
>Does anyone have experience of using the full version of this product
>or perhaps a previous version?

I have been using DemoShield 4 since it was released. For my purposes
(pre-sales software demos and post-sales software training) it works quite
well. I appreciate its flexibility, but swear at how cumbersome it can be.
(as in "why does this task take seven #$%^&* steps when most programs
would have a keyboard shortcut for it?")

BTW, I have *never* had a good experience with DemoShield technical
support. My calls and faxes usually go unanswered for days at a time.
That can be a huge problem with looming deadlines. On the occasion when I
*demanded* to speak with a real person instead of leaving a message, I was
told (three days in a row) that everyone was "in a meeting." I have had
better luck emailing my problems. On those occasions I would receive an
answer within four to six hours. Not great, but at least I got my answers.
It has been about 18 months since I have had a problem. Hopefully they
have their support system working better now.

Even with all its problems, I continue to use the software and I am
pleased with the results.

Email me if you have any specific questions.

Jim Van Winkle