Indexing Tools

Subject: Indexing Tools
From: Marni Scotti <marnis -at- ALLENSYSGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 09:24:53 -0400

My company is currently trying to upgrade the indexes we include in
technical documentation and I have spent the past few weeks trying to
gather resources on the subject. Although the archive has been a great
source for recommending Indexing books and manuals, I didn't see anything
about Indexing software and I'm considering
going that route.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding good Indexing software (must
work well with Frame 5)? Any experiences (good or bad) with a certain type
of software that you might want to share? Any web sites that have trial
software one could download and test?

(There was one company producing software called Indexicon, but they aren't
ready to release the version that works with Frame and that was my only
lead!)

Any help/comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

(I'm cross-referencing this between TechWr-L and the Frame list, so please
forgive any duplicates!)

Marni A. Scotti
Technical Communications Dept.
Allen Systems Group