Prioritizing projects

Subject: Prioritizing projects
From: "Key,Sharon" <skey -at- AGEDWARDS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 16:06:44 -0500

I am looking for help in how you prioritize projects.

Our department has more projects than we can handle. This includes Help
files, user documentation, and database design. The ideal solution, of
course, would be to hire more writers. Unfortunately, that's not an option
right now. In the meantime, I am interested in knowing how you prioritize
projects, especially if "no, thank you" is not an alternative. Someone
suggested we assign points based on various factors such as number of users,
requested completion date, type of documentation, etc.

If you would like, you may respond to me privately and I will summarize for
the list. Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

Sharon Key
Senior Tech Writer
skey -at- agedwards -dot- com