Re: Wanted: Cross-platform help ideas

Subject: Re: Wanted: Cross-platform help ideas
From: "Bergerson, Carl A" <Carl -dot- Bergerson -at- UNISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 10:09:21 -0600

I won't say this is the best, but it works.

Generate your Windows NT help file using any available tool. (My
preference, especially if you are going to continue to supply hard copy
and PDF, is to use a tool that supports single-source, such as
Doc-To-Help. Single-source usually means that you will compromise the
print version, the help version, or both. But, IMNSHO, that's far better
than trying to maintain multiple sources.)

Using the resultant RTF, CNT, and HPJ files and Bristol Technologies
Hyperhelp compiler you can generate help files that work on Solaris and
a few other varieties of Unix. These help files support almost, but not
quite, all of the features available in Win 95 style help.

Carl Bergerson
Mission Viejo
Product Information
carl -dot- bergerson -at- unisys -dot- com