this list is toooo boring!!!! <whine, fuss>

Subject: this list is toooo boring!!!! <whine, fuss>
From: Melissa Hunter-Kilmer <mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 10:17:26 EST

Paul C. Nendick <pauly -at- ENTERACT -dot- COM> wrote:

> I propose a new list:

> Techwr-Blather: the list where technical writing professionals can
> hold campy discussions about their idiosyncrasies.

> While I appreciate that this may the only forum where some can go to
> 'interact' with others in the Tech Writing profession, I have a lot
> of work to do. Downloading hundreds of posts generated by trivial
> threads really reduces this list's usefulness and relevance.

I'd say 90% of techwr-l threads are cyclic. We get this one about
once a month.

Solutions:

1. Subscribe to the digest. Download the large daily
message to a file. Read it in a word processing app. Save
the gold, discard the dross. IMO, the gold gleaned thereby
is worth much more than the time taken up by discarding the
dross.

2. Read the newsgroup, bit.listserv.techwr-l. That way you
can read only those posts that appeal to you.

You might want to keep in mind that many of us love the list
as it is. I do.

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer
mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com
(standard disclaimer)