Subjunctive mood (was RE: "xxx." or "xxx".)

Subject: Subjunctive mood (was RE: "xxx." or "xxx".)
From: "Ridder, Fred" <F -dot- Ridder -at- DIALOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 14:41:41 -0400

Buck Buchanan wrote (in part):

>Oh if only our language was/were (never could get that right either)
>dead.

Which prompts me to put forth another plug for the Jesse's Word of the
Day web site. See:
http://www.randomhouse.com/jesse/display.cgi?960909.html
for a nice discussion of subjunctive vs. indicative moods.

Fred Ridder (mailto:f -dot- ridder -at- dialogic -dot- com)
Senior Technical Writer
Dialogic Corporation, Parsippany, NJ

And to keep our marketing people happy:
Get the Dialogic Edge at: http://www.dialogic.com