Re: Master/Slave solution?

Subject: Re: Master/Slave solution?
From: Miark <miark -at- MIJENIX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 10:41:22 -0500

> Why not apply some computing terminology?
>
> Client/server and host/workstation are inoffensive and in the same
vein...

Neither one these alternatives implies that one devices _controls_ the
other. In fact, a host is often at the whim of the workstation.

> Driver / client, perhaps?

"Driver", I think, is closer to "master", but 1) I think the word has
already fallen
wholly to the realm of software device drivers, 2) it doesn't compliment
"client" as "server" does, and 3) "client" doesn't imply being controlled.

Mike