Problem with Schriver's Document Design Book Almost Solved

Subject: Problem with Schriver's Document Design Book Almost Solved
From: Karen Schriver <ks0e+ -at- ANDREW -dot- CMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 11:41:47 -0400

Hi Folks,

Thanks to everyone who let me know about the problem with the second
printing of my book Dynamics in Document Design: Creating Texts for
Readers (1997, NY: Wiley). A few days ago, Jeffrey Hsu posted this
question:

======
<snip>
I recalled reading about Schriver's Dynamics in Document Design book
here, and that there was an error in printing ? Can you elaborate on the
problem, so I can tell a "good" copy from a defective one?
I recalled that it came highly recommended.
<snip>

=======
Here is the answer Jeffrey. The problem was that the first 30 pages or
so were printed in random order--a problem created when they did the
impositions at the printer. Fortunately, the problem is almost solved.
The book is being completely reprinted this week and it will hit my
publisher's warehouse on 9/29 and will ship out to customers on 10/2.
This means that anyone looking for a copy should wait until the first
week of October to get it. If you (or anyone you know) purchased a
defective copy, please send me e-mail and I'll have Wiley (my publisher)
send you a new one the week of 10/6. Again, I am very sorry for this
problem but it was not my fault.

Many thanks for your understanding,

karen schriver
KSA, Document Design and Research