Re: Fun pairs

Subject: Re: Fun pairs
From: Terence Kierans <TKierans -at- TRANSIGO -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 08:54:49 +1000

I know that these are not "fun pairs", but they are examples of
consistent misuse of words and use of incomplete sentences which have
the same effect on me as scraping finger nails down a blackboard.

"Subject to rumour this store will not be closing.";
"Reduced by 50%, until stocks last"; and
relating to "adult" television programmes - "Recommended for mature
audiences."