word abuse

Subject: word abuse
From: bkane -at- ARTISOFT -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 15:02:47 MTN

One of my peeves is "verbage" (it's verbiage, and you do
pronounce the i).
Every time I see "verbage" it makes me think of garbage
(ick)!

One of my mom's pet peeves is lay vs. lie. She's an editor.
She has told me the rule for remembering which to use,
but I can't seem to remember it!

Beth Kane
Sr. tech writer
Artisoft, Tucson