Setting shading in MS Word

Subject: Setting shading in MS Word
From: "Branchaud, Paul" <pbranchaud -at- UTSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 15:50:55 -0400

Greetings all!

I am using Word 97 primarily, but I also have Word 7 (for Office 95)
installed on my computer. I would rather be using a proper DTP, but all
I have available is Word. Therefore, I have two MS Word questions to ask
of my learned contemporaries. This is the first installment:

How do I set a background color that is assigned specifically to a
coulmn or row?

My company would like to print a price sheet for a line of products, but
we don't want people to copy or fax the pricing information. What I
proposed to my bosses was to use the company colors (yellow and blue) on
the page. I suggested a yellow row across the top and a dark blue
"margin" on the right, where prices would be printed in black. The lack
of contrast would make copying difficult and the powers that be liked
that idea. I have tried setting columns and tables in Word, but the
shading always seems to affect the entire document. What am I doing
wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Paul