Re: Proper use of the language

Subject: Re: Proper use of the language
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- ROGERS -dot- WAVE -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 01:20:50 -0800

On Thu, 18 Sep 1997 23:01:50 +0000, R2 Innovations wrote:

>Have we as a society, and more importantly as a profession, sunk to
>this level of pettiness? Can we not read something, take it in context,
>and not spend time and effort trying to find hidden, negative,
>politically-motivated, or otherwise undesireable meanings to what we
>have just read? If we have sunk that far, maybe I should be looking
>at another profession that is without so much emotional baggage.

It's just like finding satanic lyrics in a song - if you want to hear
them, you will, whether they're there or not.

Of course, some band have been known to include very obviously backmasked
messages... my favorite is Petra, a Christian quasi-hard-rock band (let's
ignore the oxymoron some people find in that), who in the intro to one
song, included a section that, when played backward, said, "What're you
doin' lookin' for the devil when ya oughta be lookin' for the Lord?"

Nuff said, far as I'm concerned.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<insert standard disclaimer here>