Re: On-line Documentation vs Training Materials

Subject: Re: On-line Documentation vs Training Materials
From: Ron D Rhodes <Ron_D_Rhodes -at- MAIL -dot- BANKONE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 13:57:01 -0400

Annalee Foster wrote:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<
How do I make this documentation work best for the field? Is there a
reasonable solution that will provide installation, service and
training in one document that can be developed for on-line use? Is
there a conference (or courses) I can attend to see different
solutions in action?

Annalee,

Have you cosidered HTML and an Intranet? This option sounds like
something you may want to consider. All the FE's would need is a
laptop equippped with a fast modem. And, once your documentation is
on-line, you can still change it readily -- unlike a cd-rom.

And believe it or not, provided that you already have skilled people
in your organization, the cost for an Intranet can be surpisingly
affordable.

Ron Rhodes
Tech Writer/Consultant
Compuware Corporation
ron_d_rhodes -at- mail -dot- bancone -dot- com